Federal Automotive Service and Towing is an official Emissions test center for the Connecticut Emissions Program. Our trained specialists can administer the required test and get you back on the road quickly.
We are open for emissions:
Monday thru Friday 8AM - 5PM
Saturdays 8AM - 1PM
You can click here and enter your vehicle’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to find the test due date and request an email reminder.
• The Clean Air Act was enacted by Congress to reduce ozone pollution across the country. In our state, this effort is headed by the Connecticut Emissions Program.
• The Connecticut Emissions Program requires emissions testing every two years for all vehicles on the road. The only exceptions to this rule are electric cars, vehicles that weigh over 10,001 lbs., vehicles that are less than four model years old, and ones that are 25 years or older. Chances are, your car needs to be tested!
• The cost of the emissions test at all certified test centers is $20. If you fail to get your car tested by the due date, the DMV will assess you a $20 late fee and your registration renewal will be denied.
• You’ll receive a postcard notification from the DMV 45 days before your emissions test is due.
• For more information you can click here